Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Clayton: Lewis is NFL's fifth-best defender - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Clayton: Lewis is NFL's fifth-best defender - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN: "While everyone knows my stance on where Ray Lewis ranks all-time among defensive players, ESPN's John Clayton has a different take on the Ravens middle linebacker. Clayton ranks Lewis No. 5 on his all-time list, just below Dick Butkus.

Here is what Clayton had to say about his decision:
Every time I watched Lewis, he reminded me of Butkus. Because Lewis was faster, maybe he should be ranked ahead of Butkus among the greatest defensive players ever, but out of respect to NFL history, I rank Butkus ahead of Lewis.

According to the results of the SportsNation poll (as of 6:30 p.m. ET), fans don't agree with Clayton or myself. Lewis is currently ranked second all-time with 113,667 votes, which trails only Lawrence Taylor (127,413)."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment