Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kevin Minter of LSU Tigers to enter NFL draft - ESPN

Kevin Minter of LSU Tigers to enter NFL draft - ESPN: "The 6-foot-2, 244-pound Minter is the third-rated linebacker by ESPN's Scouts Inc. and the No. 33-ranked player overall.

"It was a very difficult (decision)," Minter told ESPN Radio 104.5 FM in Baton Rouge. "I love LSU. There's a reason why I came to wear the purple and gold. I love the atmosphere there. I love the coaches. It's hard leaving all that, but it's something I had to do for me and my family."

Minter likely will not be the only Tigers defender to leave for the NFL. A source told ESPN that defensive ends Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery and safety Eric Reid also are likely to enter April's draft, with defensive tackle Bennie Logan still considering it.

A Butkus Award finalist, Minter recorded 130 tackles and four sacks this season. He said that he decided to forego his senior season after discussing his options Wednesday with his family."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment